THE BOD’s privacy and security measures are designed to give you the best possible experience, while protecting your data. Any personal information you provide is used for the purpose of receiving our email communications, purchasing our products, market research, or personalising your web experience with THE BOD. Our specific privacy policies are outlined below.
The aim of this Policy is to:
- Transparently explain what personal data we collect, the reasons why we collect and use it, and how you can control the data you provide.
- Explain how providing your personal data to us improves your browsing and shopping experience.
- Explain your rights and choices in relation to the personal data we collect, and how we protect your privacy.
The General Data Protection Regulation or “GDPR”, introduced in the EU in May 2018, gives certain rights to individuals in relation to their personal data. We have therefore implemented additional transparency and access controls to help users take advantage of those rights. Your rights include:
- Request access, correction or deletion of your personal information.
- Request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing some or all of your personal data.
- Withdrawal of consent – you can withdraw your consent of our collection of your personal data at any time.
- Objection – you can object to our processing of your personal information, ask us to temporarily or permanently stop processing some or all of your personal data, or request portability of your personal information.
- Complaint mechanisms – you have the right to complain to our Privacy Officer or a data protection agency about our collection or use of personal data.
If you have any questions about your rights or privacy, please contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com. You can access, edit and update your personal information at our website by logging in to your account using the username and password you created.
How We Collect the Information
We collect your information when you subscribe online, make a purchase from our website, enter a competition, contact customer service, or otherwise provide your email address. We gather navigational information about where visitors go on our website in order to optimise your user experience and provide better content. Navigational information is aggregated and not personally identifiable.
The Information We Collect
In order to provide the content and information that best serves your interest and to understand your preferences, we may request any of the following information from you; name, address, telephone number, email address, gender, year of birth, fitness goals, physical profile, product interest. We require payment information for any online purchases, however this is processed by our secure third-party payment gateway provider. If you leave comments on our site we collect the data shown in the Comments form, and also your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
How We Use the Information
- Fulfil orders for products you have purchased;
- Contest, promotion, survey, market research, focus group or other site feature and to provide you with the relevant products or services (for instance to deliver a prize you may have won in a contest);
- Email communications about products, offers and news that may interest you. We only send you this if you have opted-in to receive THE BOD email messages by subscribing on our website or ticking the checkbox on our customer order form when making online purchases; and
- To analyse visits to the website and learn about the interests of our visitors in aggregate and also on personal level to better understand your interests, so we can improve our products and services and deliver to you the type of content, features and promotions that you are most interested in.
When you register online, the information you provide is used to improve your web experience with THE BOD by enabling you to obtain a faster checkout for purchases. You can access and update your information at any time by logging in to your account on our site.
The information we ask for when you order online is your name, address, phone number, credit card number and email address, and this is used only to complete the order, to confirm the order and to confirm shipment of the order. At checkout, you will be invited to opt-in to receive emails from THE BOD for future news and sales. If you check this box, we will record your email address for the purposes of sending you email communication.
The navigational information allows us to see which areas of our website are most visited and helps us improve the quality of your online experience by recognising and delivering the most desired features and services. Additional non-personally identifiable information (for example, browser version, IP address) may be collected which will provide information regarding the general use of our website.
Customer Testimonials and Comments
We post customer testimonials and comments on our websites, which may contain personal information such as first name and state of residence. We obtain each customer’s consent via email prior to posting the customer’s name and testimonial.
Data retention and deletion
We keep your personal data only as long as necessary for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as fulfilling purchases, making data-driven business decisions about new content and products, complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes. We keep some of your personal data for as long as you opt-in to receive email and digital marketing.
If you request, we will delete or anonymise your personal data so that it no longer identifies you, unless, we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain personal data, such as:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account or order, we will retain the necessary personal data until the issue is resolved;
- Where we are required to retain the personal data for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary personal data for the period required by applicable law; and/or,
- Where necessary for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our users.
If you have subscribed to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time to continue to deliver information you have expressed interest in. We retain information from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date the information was created.
- remember the items in your shopping cart;
- recognise you when you return to our website; and
- analyse visitor behaviour.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings.
We also work with other companies who use tracking technologies to serve ads on our behalf across the internet. These companies may collect non-personally identifiable information about your visit to our website and your interaction with our communications, including advertising. For more information, please see our Cookies Policy.
We will only send emails to you if you ask for them and you can easily unsubscribe at any time. Our emails provide free recipes, workouts, exclusive offers for subscribers, advance notice of sales, and product updates. We also use your email address to confirm your order and to confirm shipment of your order and to respond to any enquiries you make online. All marketing emails you receive include links to Unsubscribe, should you wish.
Opt Out / Unsubscribe
You may request to stop receiving communications from THE BOD at any time. You can choose to cancel emails by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link that is provided at the bottom of all email correspondence.
We are committed to protecting our users’ personal data and implement industry-standard SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. All payments are processed by our secure third-party payment gateway provider. We do not collect or store your credit card or financial details are never stored by our website. Your password protects your user account, so we encourage you to use a unique and strong password, limit access to your computer and browser, and log out after completing your session.
We may occasionally make changes to this Policy. Any changes will be posted on this page, and if the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice by sending you email notification.
Please therefore make sure you read any such notice carefully.
PO Box 2601
Burleigh Heads QLD 4220
Inspire by Sophie Guidolin (THE BOD) is the data controller for the purposes of the personal data processed under this Policy.
Policy Last Updated: May 2018